Tips to take care of wood furniture !
Topic: Tips to take care of wood furniture !
Love your wood furniture piece?How do you take care of it so that it last long without losing its shine and lustre. Here are some golden tips for to help you maintain your wood furniture.
- Avoid exposure to extreme temperature. Keep your furniture away from direct sunlight to avoid fading. Use drapes, blinds or curtains to keep the sunlight off. Moreover, exposure to heating vents, fireplaces and radiators can destroy your furniture overtime. It tends to cause crack to your wood furniture. Storing in damp places like basements can build up humidity and can cause molds and decay.
- Dust the furniture regularly to keep the dirt away. Dusting once or twice a week can help to prevent build up esp., oily and greasy stains. While doing so, use a soft cotton cloth or a microfiber cloth to avoid scratches and also, absorbs the dust easily. Use lime to gently remove the stubborn stains like oil and grease. It will not only remove the stains effortlessly but also freshen the air.
- To avoid marks and dents on the waxed furniture, use placemats, table clothes and runners. Round rings in the finish from coffee mugs, glasses or hot dishes can be avoided by using coasters and such. In case of spillage, wipe off immediately. Prolong water or liquid exposure causes white spots.
- Further to round rings and spills, rearrange or rotate your accessories and décor that are placed on the furniture from time to time. It will help you to avoid mark or sit in spot.
- To retain lustre and shine, you can wax or polish your furniture. It is recommended to wax or polish furniture every 6 months. Avoid over polishing of furniture. Take professional help in waxing and polishing the wood furniture. It will not only ease your task but also reduce the risk of wrong treatment.